Thursday, January 17, 2008

Supply

Yesterday was a lot of fun! I traveled 30 miles south to my parents' house to visit, have lunch and make a quick trip to Paper Source with Mom for card-making supplies. We are quite fortunate to have within access three Paper Source stores from which to choose! We went usually go to the one in Brookline, MA:


But yesterday we went to the one in Wellesley, MA and it was very pleasant.





I make cards from the amazing illustrations and watercolors my mom creates. I use the best acid-free card stock and creamy text weight paper to make cards from her gorgeous images.


She keeps several journals in which she makes drawings, watercolors and colored pencil illustrations. Since she only draws from life, the journals become a record of the things around her or the view out the window of wherever she is sitting.

The recent snowfall stuck to every branch on every tree in Newton, it was so beautiful! I snapped some photos as little loose snow crystals were flying through the air sparkling like glitter! It was amazing. Lowell was a little colder and so the snow wasn't as wet, it covered the ground but didn't stick to trees, hence no winter wonderland, I'm glad I got to see it.



8 comments:

  1. I love Paper Source too. I wish there was one closer to home (I live in Westford). I used to go to the ones in Brookline and Cambridge back before I got married and moved to the burbs. Their website is good, but the shopping experience in the store is so much better (plus, I like to touch everything I buy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, it's a whole sensory experience! I usually go to the one in Porter Square when I am not taking my mom, but it is a haul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never actually been into paper source..and it's probably better that way, goodness knows I don't need more hobbies ;)

    Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous day to be out and about with your moms! :) Lovely. And I adore the Paper Source too... Danger, danger, danger...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loves me some Paper Source! That sounds like a really fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the whole day, the trip to Paper Source, the comfy chair there, the creative atmosphere, the time with you.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning photographs of the New England winter wonderland. Makes me wish I was back up there enjoying that brisk Massachusetts air....well, almost. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How I wish there was a Paper Source near me. I keep their catalogs near my desk for inspiration. *I love that your mom is prominently wearing one of your pins. Aren't moms the best for that?

    ReplyDelete